[Libav-user] Using FFmpeg's static libraries with Visual Studio

Soltic Lucas soltic.lucas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:10:16 CEST 2011

Hello,

I've been trying to use FFmpeg's static libraries in a Visual Studio 2010
project, but till now I've failed because of the following errors:
1>C:/Users/Ceylo/Development/sfeMovie/deps/ffmpeg-build\libavcodec.a : fatal
error LNK1136: fichier non valide ou endommagé
1>
1>C:/Users/Ceylo/Development/sfeMovie/deps/ffmpeg-build\libavcodec.a : fatal
error LNK1000: Internal error during IMAGE::Pass1
(then Microsoft's Incremental Linker crashes)
(the English translation of the first message is "invalid or damaged file")

The library was built using MinGW (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Automated%20MinGW%20Installer/mingw-get-inst/
)
from FFmpeg's 0.6.3 sources and I followed the explanations given there :
http://ffmpeg.org/general.html#SEC21

I coudln't find any satisfying answer about this on the internet though it
rather seems to be related to Visual Studio. From what I read static
libraries built with MinGW can be used within Visual Studio without the
debugging support. But here I couldn't get the sample to build.

Thanks,
Lucas Soltic