[Libav-user] Question about the libraries' naming and rule #16

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Thu Jun 9 06:04:30 CEST 2011

> you still have to comply with the LGPL's rules on making the source code and build details available

But do not fall into another extreme, your server should not provide
an alternative branch for FFmpeg development. Keep a snapshot of the
exact state of the LGPL code you've linked against available, but also
provide instructions how you arrived to this from the source tree
available @ffmpeg.org. This way, if someone wants to apply a new
version of the library, he/she will not need to start with reverse
engineering your build process.

Alex Cohn