[Libav-user] av_log_set_callback not logging

Vitaly S witaly.s at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:07:35 CEST 2011

Hi list,

It is my first time here. I am relatively new to ffmpeg.
Right now I am trying to build a small solution for a mobile device (samsung
bada).
I have a problem with av_log_set_callback. It does not seem to work:

av_log_set_callback(my_log_callback);
av_log_set_level(AV_LOG_VERBOSE);

whereas my_log_callback is defined as:

void my_log_callback(void *ptr, int level, const char *fmt, va_list vargs)
{
AS_LOGI("AV-log:");
AS_LOG(fmt, vargs);
}

Note: AS_LOGI is my own macro that I use throughout other parts of the code
and it works perfectly.

However, regardless of what calls I do to distinct functions, I see no
logging at all.
For example, right now I have a problem with av_open_input_stream(...) it
simply does not want to open the stream. But I have no way to find out
why...?

Another note: When building the libraries I have configured them
with --enable-debug. Still no luck. Output window does not show any logs
from ffmpeg libraries.

What am i doing wrong? Any ideas, please?

- wit