[Libav-user] get mpeg4 streams with rtsp protocol

Luke Clemens lclemens at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:09:05 CEST 2011

The thing is, I'm using these axis cameras on a gigabit network, which
is very solid. Network testing utilities have confirmed hundreds of
mbits/sec without any packet loss or reordering. A 320x240 stream is
less than a megabit.

I coud see how a missing payload could cause all sorts of problems.
I'll step through the source code for the rtp parser and see if I can
detect if/when they're missing. I do wonder though because the
Panasonics has similar issues across all their models too, so is it
coincidence that both manufacturers are forgetting payloads? Thanks
for the info though - at least now I have somewhere to begin!

The other thing I'm going to check is to make sure the rtp parser
correctly handles padding at the end. Just looking at the video from
both the Axis and Panasonic cameras, most of the artifacts are in the
bottom half of the image.

BTW - I verified that the errors occur in ubuntu as well.

And another sidenote - If anyone else sees these posts and wants to
look into it, the RTSP cameras I have tried so far are:

Panasonic BL-C210A
Axis 233D (rtsp://195.200.199.8/mpeg4/media.amp)
Axis 215
Axis P1311

--luke