[Libav-user] problem of ffmpeg on Android

JunHorng junhorng at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:47:34 CEST 2011

2011/6/22 Nicolas George <nicolas.george at normalesup.org>

> Le quartidi 4 messidor, an CCXIX, JunHorng a écrit :
> > I used the cross-compiler of Android NDK (r5b) to rebuild the SDL source.
>
> No one can help you if you do not provide all the required information. You
> did not say what version of SDL you compiled, although it was specifically
> asked.
>
> > 2011/6/22 Nicolas George <
> nicolas.george-t+5nXNeJE7o5viHyz3+zKA at public.gmane.org>
>
> Please read the guidelines and rules for this mailing-list and comply to
> them. Top-posting is forbidden.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>   Nicolas George

Nicolas,

Thank you for your reminding about the guidelines.

What I want to do is to write an Android apk to decode and play the H.264
encoded video file or video stream by FFmpeg and SDL libraries. I firstly
learned how to write an executable linux program on Ubuntu by FFmpeg and SDL
libraries and I succeeded. The version of FFmpeg is 0.6.3. But, I don't know
the version of SDL I used because the SDL libraries seem to be installed by
default.

Then, I used the cross-compiler of Android NDK r5b to compile the source
files of FFmpeg-0.6.3 and SDL-1.2.14 to get libffmpeg.so and libSDL.a. It
was assumed that these two libraries can be used to make the Android apk I
want. However, the program was stopped at SDL_init() and the error message "No
available video device" was shown. Does anybody know how to solve this
problem?

Thank you

Jun-Horng