[Libav-user] h264 Encoding problems

Matthew Einhorn moiein2000 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:33:27 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Zac Shenker <zac at zacshenker.com> wrote:

> Thanks Matthew.
>
> That all helped, but I am still finding that if I do not set the pts
> before my call to avcodec_encode_video I keep getting
> "non-strictly-monotonic PTS" warning messages.
>
> Do you not set the pts value on your AVFrame* before encoding?

I don't do anything to the frame, I simply fill up the frame with my image
buffer and send it to the encode function. Maybe it has something to do
with how you set up your contexts? Anyway, ffmpeg.c does have some pts
handling which you might want to look at
http://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/ffmpeg_8c-source.html line 2669 and
then in output_packet() on line 1662. I'm not doing that however.

Matt