[Libav-user] Per frame real time stamps

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Nov 23 19:05:32 CET 2011

Le tridi 3 frimaire, an CCXX, Timour Khanipov a écrit :
> In our application we are recording several video streams from different
> cameras and we need to synchronize them at replay stage. Besides that we
> have some events which should be linked with specific camera and specific
> time moment. So it would be very useful if there were some sort of
> functionality in libav  for writing real timestamps for each frame.

The PTS is almost exactly that. And, depending on the kind of camera you are
recording from, it may be already set to the timestamp recorded by the
hardware or the driver.

You just need to make sure you use a format that correctly stores arbitrary
timestamps, unlike AVI for example.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George