[Libav-user] newb mp4 question

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Thu Oct 6 14:01:46 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 13:42, Atli Thorbjornsson <atlithorn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was not aware that you could access stagefright on the device or do
> you mean building and shipping it with the app? Hadn't thought of
> that.
>
> Atli.

Yes, you can access the installed stagefright from native code. Your
mileage will vary, though. Gingerbread (2.3) devices should all
provide AAC decoder, but in reality, not all will give you the
hardware codec. And your native build will include unofficial includes
and libs from the platform tree, so there is no guarantee of forward
compatibility.

Alex