[Libav-user] ffmpeg rtp streaming basic doubts

Saurav Kumar [IN15957] Saurav_Kumar2 at mindtree.com
Thu Oct 13 11:10:17 CEST 2011

Hi all,
I am trying to develop an application that streams video(already stored video not live) on network using ffmpeg.
I am extending the libav library for this, and not using command line.
I am able to use the library for basic usage like encoding decoding playing etc. But for the streaming I have no clue.

I have three questions, Please reply if u have any information about any of these three ,

1.       how does ffmpeg support streaming (theoretically the idea, better if u explain it with rtp)

2.       how it can be implemented (programmatically , as I am using "c")

3.       I have found something called "url_fopen" - what is it and how does it work ??

A tutorial on ffmpeg rtp streaming would be like icing on the cake :)

Regards,
Saurav