[Libav-user] H264 frame rate issue

Philippe Triolet ptriolet at aastra.com
Tue Sep 6 11:00:17 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out the frame rate of an H264 video stream generated
by a Linphone soft phone : I know that the actual framerate is 15fps but
the decoded timing information decoded from the sequence parameters set
NAL are num_units_in_ticks=384 and time_scale=16777217... These 2 values
are the same when I decode the sps nal with my own decoder or when I use
the WireSharck analyser, so I think they are good.

The issue is that I don't understand how I could compute 15 fps from
these values!

Regards,

Philippe Triolet

AASTRA France