[Libav-user] FFMpeg and vlc.

Matthew Einhorn moiein2000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 22:40:06 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Denis <info at denisgottardello.it> wrote:
> Using this code
>
> AVCodec *pAVCodec= avcodec_find_encoder(CODEC_ID_MPEG4);
>
> if (!pAVCodec) qDebug() << "avcodec_find_encoder Error!!!";
>
> else {
>
> AVCodecContext *pAVCodecContext= avcodec_alloc_context(); {
>
> pAVCodecContext->pix_fmt= PIX_FMT_YUV420P;
>
> pAVCodecContext->width= Width;
>
> pAVCodecContext->height= Height;
>
> pAVCodecContext->time_base.den= 25;
>
> pAVCodecContext->time_base.num= 1;
>
> int OutSize= avcodec_encode_video(pAVCodecContext, pOutBuffer, BYTEPIC,
> pAVFrame);
>
> fwrite(pOutBuffer, 1, OutSize, FileOut);
>
> With this code I can produce a mpg file that I can see it with mplayer but
> not with vlc. Vlc does not show a good error report, only this rows:
>
> denis at tomcat:~/C++/QtCamera/QtCamera-build-desktop$ cvlc a.mpeg
>
> VLC media player 1.1.3 The Luggage (revision exported)
>
> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
>
> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
>
> Warning: call to signal(13, 0x1)
>
> [0xb7004484] dummy interface: using the dummy interface module...
>
> ^C[0x91aae34] signals interface error: Caught Interrupt signal, exiting...
>
> denis at tomcat:~/C++/QtCamera/QtCamera-build-desktop$
>
> What can I do to adjust my code in order to produce a mpg file for vlc?

Maybe you need to write a header and/or trailer see
http://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/avformat_8h.html#78d4e734fecb1d2385536e6dd5b7b9f5
and http://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/avformat_8h.html#7f14007e7dc8f481f054b21614dfec13
See also the encoding example (towards the end) where they manually
write a trailer:
http://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/encoding_8c-source.html#l00195

I'm not sure exactly which mpeg4 requires.

Hope that helps,
Matt