[Libav-user] Build in VS2010 with Intel ICC?

Luke Clemens lclemens at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 22:20:38 CEST 2011

I haven't looked into it in the last six months, but the last time I
checked, there were a few people who "sort-of" got it working in
2009. Apparently, after doing some low level macro and assembly voodoo to
make the code work with Intel's compiler, they were able to compile, but not
all functions and codecs were at 100% functionality and
some optimization had to be disabled (like mmx). Also, the version of the
Intel Compiler you use is very important - different versions will produce
different compiler errors.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM, Dan Haddix <dan6992 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Is it possible to build FFmpeg in VS2010 with the Intel ICC compiler? We
> use the LGPL build of FFmpeg in our application and we'd like to be able to
> debug it when we have problems. Right now it's basically impossible for us
> to debug the build from MinGW.
>
> Dan

-
-