[Libav-user] Decoding Stream (I-Frame B-Frame and P-Frame)

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Wed Sep 14 17:09:50 CEST 2011

After you have your packet (using av_read_frame(fmt_ctx, &packet)),
you can look at packet.flags. AV_PKT_FLAG_KEY will say that the frame
is I-Frame. Regarding P and B, you should look inside packet.data.

I recommend a free tool, "H.264 Video ES Viewer", that lets you easily
parse and understand h264 streams to depth.

Sincerely,
Alex