[Libav-user] Beginner c++ compiling error

mounir younes mounir.younes at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 07:58:03 CEST 2011

Hello, I am new to ffmpeg and I am getting compiling errors while compiling
c++ code with ffmpeg libraries. It seems that a lot of people are getting
this with the new ffmpeg but I couldn't find a solution that I could
understand.

I found a link that says that this

CXXFLAGS=-D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS ./configure
(http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/issues/detail?id=11)

solves it but unfortunately I tried it but nothing happened and I don't know
what to do ! I am adding the file headers which are being automatically
detected by netbeans so the libraries are already found. I tried adding
these -lavdevice -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lswscale -lbz2  to the
linker as well

(
http://libav-users.943685.n4.nabble.com/QT-and-FFmpeg-undefined-reference-to-av-free-and-more-td946811.html
)

when adding them netbeans knew them and gave them proper library icons (thus
it recognized that these libraries are present otherwise it would've
replaced them with a white icon with question mark). But, when compiling I
get this

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-lavdevice
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-lavformat
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-lavcodec
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-lavutil
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-lswscale
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -l-lbz2

And this is really killing me. I have been trying to solve this for days.

Thank you in advance.