[Libav-user] -itoffset issue

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:42:38 CEST 2012

2012/4/11 Craig Murray <craigmurray100 at gmail.com>:
> Ok this works to concatenate the files, but doesnt seem to allow me anyway
> to set an arbitrary offset.
>
> What I'm looking to do is create an .avi file that has some arbitrary mp3's
> playing at specific times.  I'm creating the avi from an image sequence, but
> I'm not sure how to get the audio to show up at specific offsets.
>
> Is there a way to use -itsoffset in conjunction with concat:  ?

For such mission, i'd recommend to go programming using ffmpeg
libraries API, if you can.
Or split your mission into elementary easy steps of conversion, don't
mind that it'll take many ffmpeg launches for now. I mean:
1. Cut off needed places of source media files to separate files.
2. Concatenate them as needed (possibly inserting silence where needed).
3. Create video (without audio) from images sequence.
4. Merge audio with video.

--
Andrey Utkin