[Libav-user] Encoding Video/Audio and synchronizing using PTS values ?

ashika umanga umanga.forums at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:00:15 CEST 2012

Greetings all,

By refering "muxing.c" and "api-example.c" I managed to encode audio+video
streams and create OGG files.
Now i want to encode video stream captured from webcam and audio coming
from the microphone.
Assuming I managed to get these two streams using some API calls ,is there
a special way to synchronize these two while encoding?
In the "muxing.c" example, it just encode the streams without any
syncrhonization.
I assume PTS/DTS values has something to do with this.
I see AVStream,AVFrame and AVPacket has a attribute called "pts".If I have
to set this manually,which one I should set?

Best Regards