[Libav-user] getting very bad image after encoding

Manya Chauhan manya1180 at ymail.com
Fri Apr 20 22:02:16 CEST 2012

I am encoding images using avcodec_encode_video method and displaying them on subscriber demo of the Red5 media server.
The problem i am facing is that all the images which are being displayed are totally distorted and nothing is clearly visible. I think something might be wrong with the pix_fmt set in avcodec context. Moreover image size is also quite large as 64000 bytes after encoding which I think is little weird Please give me solution of this problem. Any help is appreciated.