[Libav-user] Create AVFrame from memory bitmap (ID:4A3787A70092F6C4)

eric at telexis.com eric at telexis.com
Fri Apr 20 22:17:38 CEST 2012

I'm new here.  I have a 256-color Windows Bitmap in memory from a screen capture and I need to create an AVFrame from it so I can pass it to avcodec_encode_video.  How should I go about doing this?  Since I'm brand new to this library, even just a list of functions I'll need would be great.  I have some sample code working that does almost what I want, but it only works with JPG files and uses avformat_open_input which takes a file name (or URL as I understand).