[Libav-user] error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _av_pix_fmt_descriptors

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 22:51:29 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> JIA Pei <jp4work at ...> writes:
>
> > First, my environment: Windows 7 + Visual Studio 2010
>
> > + libav 0.8.3 Release.
>
> This is a broken version of FFmpeg with several hundred
> known regressions, some of them possibly security relevant.
> Please understand that we cannot support broken versions.
> See http://ffmpeg.org/download.html for supported
> versions of FFmpeg, use git head if you are not a
> distributor.
>
> Carl Eugen

Hi, Thank you Carl Eugen Hoyos:

I just have no idea what's the relationship between ffmpeg and libav? It
seems
libav is replacing ffmpeg? Which is newer? Are ffmpeg and libav 2 different
groups?

It's always problematic to build ffmpeg under Windows anyway. At the bottom
of
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/, the dependent 3rd party (external)
libraries
are afforded, but not all of those libraries are able to be built
successfully
under Windows. A typical example is bzip2:

$ make install
chmod: changing permissions of '/usr/local/bin/bzip2': Bad file number
make: *** [install] Error 1

In fact, I just want ffmpeg to be successfully built and be able to support
RTMPDump, x264, Xvid, etc.... However, there are always some problems...

Please do help...

Thank you very much.

Best Regards
Pei