[Libav-user] Streaming RTMP

Olivier Durécu olivier.durecu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 16:13:41 CEST 2012

Hi experts,

I am trying to use FFMpeg from my app to stream a RTMP flow

I have a piece a code working fine to generate a local FLV file. And I
thought that it would be enough to replace my filename by the RTMP url when
allocating the AVFormatContext to have RTMP streaming... but nothing
happens. And even setting the debug log level doesn't say anything

My code is very "standard"

AVFormatContext *oc;
avformat_alloc_output_context2(&oc, NULL, "FLV", "rtmp://
127.0.0.1:1935/live/test.flv");

then adding AVStream for audio and video

And using av_interleaved_write_frame to write the encoded packets.

Anyone has a clue ?

Thanks

Olivier