[Libav-user] ffmpeg ; splitting an input movie into multiple tracks in a single output movie, possible?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 19:00:38 CET 2012

Top-hi :P

On Dec 07, 2012, at 18:42, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
>> What I mean is the size of the files I get on my sample videos. Guess I should have made that clearer. And of course I never meant to say it depends on the framerate only, evidently it depends on how much the images vary between frames.
>
> Allow me to repeat that what you believe is simply not true.
> If you want me to elaborate, please post on the mailing list.

Ok, please do elaborate - but also please accept the fact that I know what I observe ... if you have an alternate explanation I'd love to hear it.

> Allow me to add that I had neither used complex_filter nor split filter before, I only used the documentation.
> (And it was your luck that I had not read your private mail before searching for an answer.)

May I presume that you're both familiar with the general filter syntax and the documentation? I'm not.

>> Am I right that there's no filter to control the offsets of the 4 tracks
>
> There are filters that allow to manipulate the timestamps, yes.

That I saw. I'm not talking about temporal offset, but spatial ones (that would allow to layout the tracks such that the original quad image is restored).

R.