[Libav-user] How to connect to an IP camera in libav

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Mon Dec 10 19:29:48 CET 2012

Hi Alex,

That helps but doesn't completely resolve it. Even if I ignore timing completely it's about 1/4 second off. The software that came with it is right on. Arrgh more work :)

Also the framerate guessed by ffmpeg is always 25 fps in this case which is wrong so need to do something about that.

I would be interested in a database of strings to control a variety of IP cameras. Note that I just care about the various strings for acquisition and controlling pan/tilt/zoom for various IP cameras and not interested in controlling software so much.

I know it exist but mostly packaged up with a program. I would be willing to purchase such a thing.

Would you happen to know where I could my hands on that ?'

I have the strings for my foscam but thats just one camera. I would need them for many.

Thanks,

Don