[Libav-user] How to perform drift compensation in MPEG-2 recorder

Mike Versteeg mike at mikeversteeg.com
Tue Dec 11 17:40:44 CET 2012

Using the famous (and only) output example I developed an MPEG-2
recorder for audio and video. Both come from different sources with
their own clock (audio as PCM and video as bitmaps) and as a result
over time audio will get out of sync due to small differences in the
two clocks. To compensate I figured to tweak the audio PTS, but it
appears not to be used (it is marked no pts value).

What would be the proper way to keep A & V in sync?

Thanks,

Mike