[Libav-user] How to perform drift compensation in MPEG-2 recorder

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 19:50:49 CET 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 16:46, Mike Versteeg wrote:

> the audio clock. But I have since learned (offline) that this is not
> possible as indeed the video PTS, at least for MPEG-2, increments as
> integer (0, 1, 2, ...). There's no fiddling with it.  So short of

Can't you set the video's time scale such that an integer increment corresponds to an amount of real time that's relevant to your situation?
(This is more or less what I did when I had to sync 12.5Hz video with 1kHz dynamic data; I reconstructed new QuickTime movies with a time scale of 12500)

Of course I know next to nothing about libav O:^)