[Libav-user] sws_scale has weird behavior when not resizing

Sampath Subasinghe susiriss at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:57:53 CEST 2012

On 07/12/2012 08:59 PM, Alexandre Millette wrote:

> Upon testing with various video formats and files, I've encountered a
> problem with a small MPEG4/mp4v file (190x240).
> The issue is that a small green band (6 px in width) will appear on
> the right side of the frames.

I also have encountered this "right band" issue when converting from YUV
to RGB. However, I noticed that issue doesn't appear when your frame
width is a multiple of 8. I assumed you mentioned HeightxWidth, not
widthxheight and, thus frame width is 240, which is a multiple of 8. In
that  case this issue should not appear to my knowledge. I have post on
this in the same mailing list.

-Sampath