[Libav-user] use AVPacket.pts with av_seek_frame()

Fabio Tiriticco fabio.europe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:34:52 CEST 2012

hi all, I wrote last week asking for help implementing a video timmer using
C.
I am able to scan packets and find frames (av_read_frame() and
av_decode_video2()).
Every time a read a packet I can see its position in the timeframe with
AVPacket.pts.
Now I am struggling with the seek functionality.

How can I use the AVPacket.pts information with av_seek_frame()?

I tried to use it "raw":

av_seek_frame(pFormatCtx, videoStream, pts, backwardFlag)

but I am afraid that I'm doing something wrong as it doesn't work. And I
read about conversions that I'm probably missing.
Any help will be greatly appreciated! :-)

cheers
Fabio

--

http://famsterdamlife.com