[Libav-user] Coversion from YUV to RGB loss of image details

Sampath Subasinghe susiriss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:18:43 CEST 2012

> The following does work and produces the same black edge:
> $ ffmpeg -i out.ppm -pix_fmt yuv420p -strict experimental out.ljpg
> $ ffmpeg -i out.ljpg ref2.ppm
>
> Carl Eugen

I'm also seeing the black edge with above commands. (Except, I had to
precede the second command with -pix_fmt yuv420p to avoid seg faulting
ffmpeg).

I further found out that, the width should be a multiple of 8, not of
2 or 4, for my code to work correctly(output without the edge). I will
test this out with ffmpeg, too.
Thanks for your support again.
--
~Sampath~