[Libav-user] ffmpeg to publish to streaming server (Wowza)

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:28:25 CEST 2012

среда, 6 июня 2012 г. пользователь Brad O'Hearne <brado at bighillsoftware.com>
писал:
> Any ideas on publishing / sending MPEG-TS over RTP using ffmpeg?
> a) Can this be done?

Should be. Just be sure you send in format wowza does understand. I don't
know if wowza supports mpegts via rtp, a year ago it seemed to me rtp
worked with elementary streams separately only.
Anyway, there are surely the ways to publish onto wowza. I practiced it via
rtmp protocol last days.

> b) Any ideas on where to start?

I'd try accomplishing task with ffmpeg utility to ensure it works without
bugs, then learn ffmpeg libs API and wrire an app.

--
Andrey Utkin