[Libav-user] How to create a video stream without IDR slices?

amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Tue Jun 19 12:19:16 CEST 2012

what about fixed rate i-frame interval? do you have any idea? for example i
want to generate a stream with one i-frame in every 1 second.
I have not worked with x264. can you give me more info about how to use it?
or whats the difference of x264 and FFmpeg for converting a video to h.264
avc?
Thanks

On 19 June 2012 20:01, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>  <amir.rouhi at ...> writes:
>
> > i have written a code for intra frame extraction out of stream,
> > and the code just work on i slices, IDR slices made some
> > errors with my code.
> > BTW ffmpeg by proper vcodec can encode h264.avc. are you
> > sure it cant?
>
> It can if you compiled FFmpeg with support for the external
> library libx264. I just try to explain that since it is an
> external library (not developed in the FFmpeg project), it
> may make sense to ask in a x264 forum.
>
> > I will check intra-refresh for that purpose.
>
> Unfortunately, that will disable all I-frames iiuc.
>
> Carl Eugen

Amir H. Rouhi
PhD Student/ CSIT RMIT University
Room: 14-09-04