[Libav-user] timestamp error

Florin Bratu killerappzz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 19:01:51 CEST 2012

Hello,

Still struggling with this one. I've changed a bit the approach; what I've
noticed is that the AVFrame's created in the api-example.c (with random
generated content) are well encoded. So my approach now is to create
AVFrames just like in the api example the fill them in with the information
from the source JPEGs(and of course with format conversion), I am using
sws_scale for this. But now I am getting segmentation fault when calling
sws_scale. I've well checked my pointers they have valid values before
entering the sws_scale call. But I'm not sure I am calling it as I should:

void copyFrame(AVCodecContext *destContext, AVFrame* dest,
        AVCodecContext *srcContext, AVFrame* source) {
    static struct SwsContext *swsContext;

    swsContext = sws_getContext(srcContext->width,
srcContext->height,PIX_FMT_YUVJ420P,
            destContext->width, destContext->height, PIX_FMT_YUV420P,
            SWS_FAST_BILINEAR, NULL, NULL, NULL);

    sws_scale(swsContext, source->data, source->linesize, 0,
srcContext->height, dest->data, dest->linesize);

    sws_freeContext(swsContext);
}

destContext is the context used for encoding; dest is the AVFrame to be
encoded.
srcContext is the context used for decoding the JPEGs; source is the
AVFrame the result of reading one JPG file.

I attach the new version for source code.

Thanks in advance for any helpful info you might have.

Best regards,
Florin.