[Libav-user] Extracting I-Frame intra-prediction modes

Rouhi Amirhossein2 amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Tue Jun 26 11:05:25 CEST 2012

Hi
You know that in h264, a methos is used for compression which is called
intra prediction method. totally we have 9 intra prediction modes which
showing different direction of top and left side pixels of 4x4 blocks. I
want to extract such modes in any frame that uses intra prediction such as
I-Frames and IDR,s. Do you know how can i achive this purpose?
In JM software i did the same in decoder, do you think it should be done in
FFplay as a decoder or it can be done by FFmpeg?
Thanks for your expert advice.
Amir