[Libav-user] Simple packet-by-packet copy does not work for h264+mp4

ALESSANDRO PAGANELLI 83670 at studenti.unimore.it
Fri Mar 2 11:54:46 CET 2012

Hi Kalileo,

please consider that file as a "test" I used to understand how to properly
rebuild a mp4 + h264 file, so there are several aspects that have to be
fixed.
One is surely the use of two packets, instead of using just the first one.
I followed that (non optimized) approach because I was trying to figure out
what parameters were actually needed in order to setup a "new" packet.
I suppose that the method you propose should work as well.

Alessandro

Il giorno 02 marzo 2012 11:45, Kalileo <kalileo at universalx.net> ha scritto:

> On Mar 2, 2012, at 16:00 , ALESSANDRO PAGANELLI wrote:
>
> Andrey, I finally managed to solve the issue! Thanks a lot :)
>
> Here, I briefly report what I did (the complete code can be found in the
> attached source file).
>

> Alessandro, in the source code which you attached you copy the frame which
> you read to a new frame which you write afterwards.
>
> Is this copying really required? Why not use the same packet, like this?
>
> returnCode = av_read_frame(g_inputFormatContext, &readPacket);
>> returnCode = av_write_frame(g_outputFormatContext, &readPacket);

Ing. Alessandro Paganelli, Ph. D. Student, 25th Cycle

Department of Information Engineering
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia
via Vignolese 905, 41125 Modena (MO), ITALY

E-mail: alessandro.paganelli at unimore.it