[Libav-user] mp2/mp3 missing header at decoding of mpegts file, but only in OS X

Kalileo kalileo at universalx.net
Wed Mar 7 19:50:34 CET 2012

On Mar 7, 2012, at 23:25 , Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> Kalileo <kalileo at ...> writes:
>
>> I downloaded new snapshots of  ffmpeg, libx264 and lame
>
> Please first test ./configure --cc=clang && make.

I tested it now with

./configure --cc=clang --enable-shared
and with
./configure --cc=clang --disable-optimizations --disable-asm  --disable-yasm --enable-shared

Same result as before, no difference noticeable between the 2 variants,
- with mp2 still a lot of errors, audio is garbled, and
- with aac not so many errors, audio is ok most of the time, just a few errors every other second.

I had to include --enable-shared because otherwise the application would not link, reference errors to _kCVPixelBufferIOSurfacePropertiesKey and other stuff from libavcodec/vda.c.

> And please add complete, uncut output that shows the problem.

The only console output are the errors, with mp2 a lot of the same missing header errors:

[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
[mp2 @ 0x105002800] Header missing
… and so on and on, about 50% of all audio frames are concerned.

With aac :

[aac @ 0x1051b3c00] Error decoding AAC frame header.
[aac @ 0x1051b3c00] channel element 0.0 is not allocated
-after 1-5 seconds it continues-