[Libav-user] decoding movies: how to decode 'unordered' frames?

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:31:25 CET 2012

2012/3/20 Philipp Beyer <phi-b at gmx.de>:
> Trying to decode this movie with libavformat/codec results in frame 1 (dts=0.04) being skipped. This seems to be perfectly correct for my understanding, packets have to be stored in dts order to add up to a valid video stream.
>
> However, requirements are to decode all frames, and interestingly, ffmpeg accomplishes it without complaining.
>
> So my question is: What's the simplest thing to do to decode such badly ordered frames? I cannot find provisions in ffmpeg.c for this, so I guess I do not have to order packets by myself. Is there a special flag I am missing?

1. Ensure you use recent git master HEAD of ffmpeg.
2. Provide minimized, but compiling source code that reproduces your
problem, together with media files that are problematic for your app.
3. Provide full uncut output of ffmpeg utility which processes
problematic files fine. With -loglevel debug.

Large pastes are better to not inline, but post on some pastebin etc.

--
Andrey Utkin