[Libav-user] How to redirect FFMPEG output to a socket

Denis info at denisgottardello.it
Tue May 8 21:02:24 CEST 2012

In data lunedì 07 maggio 2012 16:14:17, Wagner Patriota ha scritto:
> no, it's easier... example: if you have myprotocol.c, just add to Makefile
> the following line:
>
> OBJS-$(CONFIG_MYPROTOCOL_PROTOCOL) += myprotocol.o
>
> that's it... look for the session "protocols I/O" in the Makefile

I don't understand. I have placed a file called "bufferptocolo.c" in
"ffmpeg-0.10.2/libavformat/" folder. Then in the
"ffmpeg-0.10.2/libavformat/makefile" file I have added this row
"OBJS-$(CONFIG_BUFFER_PROTOCOL)             += bufferprotocol.o"
but the file is not compiled. No error has reported.

The file contains this:

#if CONFIG_BUFFER_PROTOCOL

static int buffer_open(URLContext *h, const char *filename, int flags)
{
    printf("buffer_open\n");
    return 0;
}

static int buffer_read(URLContext *h, unsigned char *buf, int size)
{
    printf("buffer_read\n");
    return (-1 == r)?AVERROR(errno):r;
}

static int buffer_write(URLContext *h, const unsigned char *buf, int size)
{
    printf("buffer_write\n");
    return (-1 == r)?AVERROR(errno):r;
}

static int64_t buffer_seek(URLContext *h, int64_t pos, int whence)
{
    printf("buffer_seek\n");
    return 0;
}

static int buffer_close(URLContext *h)
{
    printf("buffer_seek\n");
    return 0;
}

static int buffer_get_handle(URLContext *h)
{
    printf("buffer_get_handle\n");
    return (intptr_t) h->priv_data;
}

static int buffer_check(URLContext *h, int mask)
{
    printf("buffer_check\n");
    return 0;
}

URLProtocol ff_buffer_protocol = {
    .name                = "buffer",
    .url_open            = buffer_open,
    .url_read            = buffer_read,
    .url_write           = buffer_write,
    .url_seek            = buffer_seek,
    .url_close           = buffer_close,
    .url_get_file_handle = buffer_get_handle,
    .url_check           = buffer_check,
};

#endif /* CONFIG_BUFFER_PROTOCOL */

Have you got any idea?