[Libav-user] Extracted I-Frames seems not correct, Why?

amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Fri May 11 06:09:12 CEST 2012

Hi to ffmpeg seniors and experts
I am using windows platform and I have created a series of video in pure
format of *.264 from raw format by the below command:

ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p -s 360x240 -i C:\1.yuv -an -vcodec
libx264 -threads 0  -s 360x240 -f h264 C:\1.264

I want to extract I-Frames which are created in adaptive mode in encoding
phase. i use the below command:

ffmpeg -i  C:\ 1.264 -vsync 0 -vf select="eq(pict_type\, PICT_TYPE_I)"
C:\ Test\IFrames\I-Frm-%03d.jpeg
Its a short video and i just get 4 images but the images does not looks
correct images, They are not sharp and clear images. BTW, adaptive I-Frame
are expected t be located at the start of a new group of pictures, after
any big changes in the scene, but these extracted image are not showing
this. do you know whats my mistake or whats wrong?
--
Amir