[Libav-user] H.264 always enabled on OS X.. ?

Lucas Soltic soltic.lucas at gmail.com
Sun May 13 16:49:33 CEST 2012

Le 13 mai 2012 à 16:43, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :

> Lucas Soltic <soltic.lucas at ...> writes:
>
>> This is especially useful as I want to distribute binaries
>> that are not concerned by royalties.
>
> I don't think this is possible (in case you need a guarantee).

Why wouldn't it be possible if I configure FFmpeg to include only decoders such as vorbis and theora?
Or maybe you mean even these codecs may be covered by some hidden patents and one day we may have to pay even for these. But at the moment I'm not considering that, it's ok for me if there are currently no major issues with these.