[Libav-user] Hardware accelerator context for IOS

krishnaks at iwavesystems.com krishnaks at iwavesystems.com
Tue May 15 09:36:25 CEST 2012

 /**
     * Hardware accelerator context.
     * For some hardware accelerators, a global context needs to be
     * provided by the user. In that case, this holds display-dependent
     * data FFmpeg cannot instantiate itself. Please refer to the
     * FFmpeg HW accelerator documentation to know how to fill this
     * is. e.g. for VA API, this is a struct vaapi_context.
     * - encoding: unused
     * - decoding: Set by user
     */
    void *hwaccel_context;

I am developing iPad application and using libavcodec for H264 decoding.
Can I use this variable for hardware accelerated decoding?