[Libav-user] [Newbie] Scaling movies...

Plug Gulp plug.gulp at gmail.com
Sun May 20 08:44:16 CEST 2012

Hi,

I want to convert and scale few movies in various formats (.ogv, .mov,
.mp4 etc) to .mp4. From command line I am able to achieve this as
follows:

ffmpeg -i <original_movie> -acodec copy -scodec copy -vf scale=320:-1
<resized_mp4_movie>

How do I achieve this using C? I referred the ffmpeg code to
understand how this works, but my head started spinning. Is there a
simple tutorial/example source code that I can refer to to understand
how a video can be scaled while retaining other streams?

Thanks and regards,

~Plug