[Libav-user] How to handle dynamically changing streams / parameters / codecs?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Nov 3 16:50:31 CET 2012

Andrea3000 <andrea3000 at ...> writes:

> What do I need to update in the FFmpeg structure to
> handle the change?

I suggest you first test ffmpeg (the command line application)
or ffplay (or MPlayer). If they do not support the changing of
number of audio / video streams or parameters (not bitrate,
since that changes all the time for real-world codecs),
consider reporting it here, on ffmpeg-users or on trac.

If it works, you only have to make updates in your
application.

Codec change is generally unsupported afaik, if you have
such a sample, please provide it!

Carl Eugen