[Libav-user] installing for Windows

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:26:07 CET 2012

And since we're talking about MSWin installs, I've noticed that the win32 and win64 static ffmpeg version are way less verbose than their *n*x counterparts. That suits me as I call ffmpeg (and ffprobe) via popen to do some work for me from inside a plugin for GUI applications. I'm still getting a cmd window that opens, which seems logical but somewhat untidy. Is there a way to keep this from happening? An ffmpeg that doesn't use the Console subsystem shouldn't do this, right?

R.