[Libav-user] How do I properly use swr_set_compensation() in swresample?

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Fri Oct 19 21:49:53 CEST 2012

I'm just wondering more about what swr_set_compensation() does. I'm
not fully understanding the docs about it and the ffplay code isn't
incredibly clear to me. Can I use it to skip the first few samples of
input audio (that is, say my source has samples 0-100, and my output
wants samples 20-120, can I use swr_set_compensation() to conveniently
skip the first 20 samples)? Or is it used for something else?

Thanks!

--Michael