[Libav-user] I need some C++ example how ffmpeg grabs frames from a usb camera

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 22:31:09 CEST 2012

On date Monday 2012-10-22 15:43:06 +0300, Wenpeng Zhou encoded:
> Hi,
>

> I need some C++ example how ffmpeg grabs frames from a usb camera.

In Linux you can use the video4linux and video4linux2 device, in
Windows there is Vfw and dshow, you just read it as a normal input
format (check also the private options in the Input Device section of
the manual), and the doc/examples/demuxing.c example.

For C++ integration, see:
https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/Including%20FFmpeg%20headers%20in%20a%20C%2B%2B%20application