[Libav-user] Dll Versioning

Mark Kenna mark.kenna at sureviewsystems.com
Tue Oct 30 11:48:57 CET 2012

Hi Guys

I am trying to find a way of allowing my application to be able to load
multiple versions of the FFMpeg DLL's at the same time.

I understand that I need to segregate the releases so that they do not
conflict. Currently my idea is to rename the .dll files for one particular
release to *.v123.dll". I understand that you cannot just rename the files
and some work would have to go into the re-creation of the .lib files using
DUMPBIN but I was wondering if there is an easier way as I can see that the
dll files all seem to reference each other internally.

Thanks,
Mark.