[Libav-user] Disable probing on an individual stream??

Gary Overall goverall at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 01:14:51 CEST 2013

I have asked this question in a more complex way before.  I know more now and I am hoping someone could give me a suggestion.  Please, please help.
I have a stream in a .ts file that contains several packets of ID3 data.  I would like to get each packet back from

av_read_frame() individually for that stream.  I am decoding the data myself so I do not care if the packets from this stream are properly identified. It seems like these packets are being identified as mp3 and av_read_frame() is gathering up all of these packets and presenting them as one.
Is there any way that I can turn off probing for individual streams?  I believe this might work because if I mangle the ID3 header in the first packet (change ID3 to ID4), I get the following message:

[mpegts @ 0x103801800] probed stream 0 failed]        on the call to av_read_frame()
After that, all packets come back to me individually just as I would like. Is there a way I can prevent av_read_frame() from interpreting the packets from this stream?
Any other suggestions please???   please??  I am very close..