[Libav-user] Reducing the Frame-Rate of a Network Video Stream

Adi Shavit adishavit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:32:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

  I have some questions about extracting the time stamps:

1. Given a packet, I have AVPacket.pts and also AVFrame.pts and
AVFrame.pkt_pts.
I noticed that every few frames (about 1 in 3) AVPacket.pts is different
from AVFrame.pts and AVFrame.pkt_pts - after avcodec_decode_video2().

Which one should I be using to do fps dropping?

How do I access the correct timestamp (is there a function instead of
direct access?) and how do I measure the difference in msec?

Thanks,
Adi