[Libav-user] Muxing/Demuxing h264 in mp4 container

MinoDev minodev38 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 15:48:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm new in ffmpeg and I'm trying to demux then mux a dummy mp4 video.
The video is encoded in h264 and the audio in aac.
I started with the example in the doc to demux. It works fine but I
can't read it because my h264 file hasn't any annex b headers.
So I tried to use a h264_mp4toannex bsf filter without any success. I
didn't understand how to implement this filter in the demuxing.c code
example.

I'am sorry for the silly question but I just need some clarification
about my attempts.

I also would like to know if it's possible to directly mux the h264
video and aac audio without applying a mp4toannexb filter to a mp4
container.

In command line I use this working cmd to test the demux :

ffmpeg -i file.mp4 -vcodec copy -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb -an -f h264 test.h264