[Libav-user] Converting from AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLTP to AV_SAMPLE_FMT_FLT

Alexandru Rosca srosca at bu.edu
Fri Dec 6 02:21:50 CET 2013

I am decoding audio and trying to convert it from the planar format to just
FLT (packed?). I am making a library which when used will return the buffer
with the data. I am using swr_convert but if I pass it frame.extended_data,
it crashes. If I just pass it frame.data[0] I get really crackly audio on
the other end. I suspect the problem is converting between these formats?
Setting request_sample_fmt to av_sample_flt doesnt work.