[Libav-user] Blue-ish tint to pixels when using raw uncompressed output codec

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 23:40:57 CET 2013

I wrote a libAV-based C program for video editing.  It takes a video file as
input and produces a video file as output.  The input file is AVI container,
yuv422p pixels, and is ffvhuff compressed.  I want the output file to also be
AVI, yuv422p pixels, but uncompressed video (not ffvhuff).  What should I set
the output format to in my libAV program?  Currently I'm setting it to
AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO like this

    AVOutputFormat *OutFormat;
    OutFormat->video_codec = AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO;

However, when I do the above, the output pixels are blue-ish.  If I instead
set the output file video_codec to AV_CODEC_ID_FFVHUFF, the pixels look
correct.  But if AV_CODEC_ID_RAWVIDEO, then all pixels have a blue tint.  What
should I set the output codec to?