[Libav-user] configure script fails for cross-compiling

Vikas Sawant vsawant at crestron.com
Tue Feb 5 17:23:42 CET 2013

Thanks, Carl!

I removed this option as you suggested:
> --as=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-as

added a few more and it worked. I do make and that compiles the libraries. Stripping failed, so I disabled it and I wanted to avoid assemblt code, so I disabled that too.

Here's the exact command that worked:
./configure --disable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-cross-compile --cc=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc --arch=armv5te --disable-vfp --disable-armv6 --disable-armv6t2 --disable-neon --target-os=linux --enable-small --disable-debug --disable-asm --disable-yasm --disable-stripping --disable-everything

The next challenge for me is to make mplayer build accept the ffmpeg libraries I just built instead of building on its own.

Thanks,
Vikas